M3 – Motivations and Formal Model
In the chapter, first we discuss needs and motivations for market-based mechanism for complex, distributed systems, especially focusing on infrastructures sectors. A great number of issues related to market mechanisms developing is modeled by decisions models. There are many completely different attempts to organizing the mechanisms of finding market equilibrium. These attempts are hard to reliably compere on the common test cases due to huge effort needed for numerical data adaptation to each approach. We give strong foundations for Multicommodity Market Model (M3), which describes the data on the input and output sides of the market clearing process. Its main advantage is very high expressiveness. M3 covers most known trade mechanisms, including different auction types, multi-commodity mechanisms, bilateral contracts and others. In the chapter we present architecture of M3 , including formal model.
KeywordsTime Slot Market Mechanism Time Structure Balance Problem Virtual Network
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hurwicz, L., Reiter, S.: Designing Economic Mechanisms. Cambridge University Press (2006)Google Scholar
- 2.Kacprzak, P., Kaleta, M., Pałka, P., Smolira, K., Toczyłowski, E., Traczyk, T.: M3 A common data model for diverse electrical energy turnover platforms. Rynek Energii 2(69), 12–18 (2007) (in Polish)Google Scholar
- 3.Kacprzak, P., Kaleta, M., Pałka, P., Smolira, K., Toczyłowski, E., Traczyk, T.: M3: Open multi-commodity market data model for network systems. In: Proceedings of 16th International Conference on Systems Science, vol. III, pp. 309–319 (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Kacprzak, P., Kaleta, M., Pałka, P., Smolira, K., Toczyłowski, E., Traczyk, T.: Data Model Standarization for Real-Time E-commerce. In: Proceedings of the II International Multiconference on Computer Science and Information Technology, pp. 579–588 (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Toczyłowski, E.: Optimization of market processes under constraints, II extended edition. EXIT Academic Publishing (2003) (in Polish)Google Scholar
- 6.ebXML Web Site, http://www.ebxml.org
- 7.MDDL Web Site, http://www.mddl.org
- 8.RosettaNet organization website, http://www.rosettanet.org
- 9.XBRL Web Site, http://www.xbrl.org