Liver Workbench: A Tool Suite for Liver and Liver Tumor Segmentation and Modeling
Robust and efficient liver and tumor segmentation segmentation tools from CT images are important for clinical decision-making in liver treatment planning and response evaluation. In this work, we report recent advances in an ongoing project Liver Workbench which aims to provide a suite of tools for the segmentation segmentation, quantification and modeling of various objects in CT images such as the liver, its vessels and tumors. Firstly, a liver segmentation segmentation approach is described. It registers a liver mesh model model to actual image features by adopting noise-insensitive flipping-free mesh deformations. Next, a propagation learning approach is incorporated into a semi-automatic classification method for robust segmentation segmentation of liver tumors based on liver ROI obtained. Finally, an unbiased probabilistic liver atlas construction technique is adopted to embody the shape and intensity variation to constrain liver segmentation segmentation. We also report preliminary experimental results.
KeywordsGaussian Mixture Model Selective Internal Radiation Therapy Mesh Deformation Mesh Vertex Tumor Segmentation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.http://www.slicer.org (cited March 15, 2011)
- 3.ITK: The Insight ToolKit, http://www.itk.org (cited March 15, 2011)
- 4.VTK: The Visualization ToolKit , http://www.vtk.org (cited March 15, 2011)
- 6.Ding, F., Yang, W., Leow, W.K., Venkatesh, S.: Segmentation of soft organs by flipping-free mesh deformation. In: Proc. IEEE Workshop Application Comput. Vis. (2009)Google Scholar
- 8.Sorkine, O., Lipman, Y., Cohen-Or, D., Alexa, M., Rössl, C., Seidel, H.P.: Laplacian surface editing. In: Proc. 2004 Eurographics, pp. 179–188 (2004)Google Scholar
- 9.Cristianini, N., Shawe-Taylor, J.: An Introduction to Support Vector Machines and Other Kernel-based Learning Methods. University of Cambridge, Cambridge (2000)Google Scholar
- 10.Zhou, J., Chan, K.L., Xu, P., Chong, V.F.: Nasopharyngeal carcinoma lesion segmentation from MR images by support vector machine. In: Proc. 3rd IEEE Int. Symp. Biomed. Imaging, pp. 1364–1367 (2006)Google Scholar
- 14.Zhou, X., Kitagawa, T., Okuo, K., et al.: Construction of a probabilistic atlas for automated liver segmentation in non-contrast torso CT images. Int. Congress Series, vol. 1281, pp. 1169–1174 (2005)Google Scholar
- 17.Xiong, W., Ong, S.H., Xu, G., et al.: Construction of an unbiased diffeomorphic probabil-istic liver atlas based on CT images. In: Proc. Int. Conf. Image Process., pp. 1773–1776 (2009)Google Scholar