An Intelligent Agent Based Intrusion Detection System Using Fuzzy Rough Set Based Outlier Detection
Since existing Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) including misuse detection and anomoly detection are generally incapable of detecting new type of attacks. However, all these systems are capable of detecting intruders with high false alarm rate. It is an urgent need to develop IDS with very high Detection rate and with low False alarm rate. To satisfy this need we propose a new intelligent agent based IDS using Fuzzy Rough Set based outlier detection and Fuzzy Rough set based SVM. In this proposed model we intorduced two different inteligent agents namely feature selection agent to select the required feature set using fuzzy rough sets and decision making agent manager for making final decision. Moreover, we have introduced fuzzy rough set based outlier detection algorithm to detect outliers. We have also adopted Fuzzy Rough based SVM in our system to classify and detect anomalies efficiently. Finally, we have used KDD Cup 99 data set for our experiment, the experimental result show that the proposed intelligent agent based model improves the overall accuracy and reduces the false alarm rate.
KeywordsIntrusion Detection System (IDS) Outlier Detection Fuzzy Rough Set Feature Selection EC4.5 Fuzzy Rough Set Based SVM
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Tang, D.H., Cao, Z.: Machine Learning-based Intrusion Detection Algorithms. Journal of Computational Information Systems 5(6), 1825–1831 (2009)Google Scholar
- 2.Lee, W., Stolfo, S.: Datamining approaches for intrusion detection. In: Proceedings of the 7th USENIX Security Symposium (1998)Google Scholar
- 4.Sun, S., Wang, Y.: A Weighted Support Vector Clustering Algorithm and its Application In Network Intrusion Detection. In: First International Workshop on Education Technology and Computer Science, vol. 1, pp. 352–355 (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Jensen, R., Quiang: Fuzzy Rough Attribute Reduction with Application to Web Categorization, vol. 22 (Febraury 2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Angiulli, F., Basta, S., Pizzuti, C.: Distance based Detection and prediction of Outliers. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering 18(2) (Febraury 2006)Google Scholar
- 8.Shaari, F., Bakar, A.A., Hamdan, A.R.: Outlier Detection Based on Rough Sets Theory. Intelligence Data Analysis (13), 191–206 (2009)Google Scholar
- 14.Mohammadreza, E., Sara, M., Fatinah, S., Lilly Suriani, A.: Intrusion Detection using Data Mining Techniques. In: IEEE International Conference on Information Retrievel and Knowledge Management (CAMP), pp. 200–203 (2010)Google Scholar