Electromagnetic Wave Propagation in Fractional Space
The wave equation has very important role in many areas of physics. It has a fundamental meaning in classical as well as quantum field theory. With this view, one is strongly motivated to discuss solutions of the wave equation in all possible situations. The wave equation in fractional space can effectively describe the wave propagation phenomenon in fractal media. In this chapter, exact solutions of different forms of wave equation in \(D\)-dimensional fractional space are provided, which describe the phenomenon of electromagnetic wave propagation in fractional space.
KeywordsWave Equation Fractional Space Hankel Function Cylindrical Wave Electromagnetic Wave Propagation
- 1.C.A. Balanis, Advanced Engineering Electromagnetics (Wiley, New York, 1989)Google Scholar
- 4.M. Abramowitz, I.A. Stegun, Handbook of mathematical functions with formulas, Graphs, and Mathematical Tables.U.S. Department of Commerce (1972)Google Scholar
- 5.M. Zubair, M.J. Mughal, Q.A. Naqvi, The wave equation and general plane wave solutions in fractional space. Prog Electromn Res Lett 19, 137–146 (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.M. Zubair, M.J. Mughal, Q.A. Naqvi, An exact solution of cylindrical wave equation for electromagnetic field in fractional dimensional space. Prog Electromn Res Lett 114, 443–455 (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.M. Zubair, M.J. Mughal, Q.A. Naqvi, An exact solution of spherical wave in D-dimensional fractional space. J Electromn Waves Appl 25, 1481–1491 (2011)Google Scholar