Application of Model-Checking Technology to Controller Synthesis
In this paper we present two frameworks that have been implemented to link traditional model-checking techniques to the domain of control. The techniques are based on solving a timed game and using the resulting solution (a strategy) as a controller. The obtained discrete controller must fit within its continuous environment, which is modelled and taken care of in our frameworks. Our first technique does it by using Matlab to discretise the problem and then Uppaal-tiga to solve the obtained timed game. This is implemented as a toolbox. The second technique relies on the user defining a timed game model in Uppaal-tiga. Then the strategy is automatically imported in Simulink as an S-function for simulation and validation purposes. We demonstrate the effectiveness of these frameworks in different case-studies.
KeywordsHybrid System Linear Matrix Inequality Control Objective Winning Strategy Controller Synthesis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Chatain, T., David, A., Larsen, K.G.: Playing games with timed games. In: Giua, A., Mahulea, C., Silva, M., Zaytoon, J. (eds.) Preprints of the 3rd IFAC Conference on Analysis and Design of Hybrid Systems, pp. 238–243 (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Grunnet, J.D., Bak, T., Bendtsen, J.D., Ankersen, F.: PAHSCTRL - a control synthesis toolbox for piecewise-affine hybrid systems. In: Proceedings of the 2009 European Control Conference. IEEE, Los Alamitos (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Grunnet, J.D., Bak, T., Bendtsen, J.D., Larsen, J.A.: Discrete game abstraction for fault tolerant control synthesis. In: Proceedings of IEEE CACSD 2008 (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Grunnet, J.D., Bendtsen, J.D., Bak, T.: Automated fault tolerant control synthesis based on discrete games. In: Proceedings of the 48th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control. IEEE, Los Alamitos (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Habets, L., van Schuppen, J.H.: Control to facet problems for affine systems on simplices and polytopes - with applications to control of hybrid systems. In: Proc. 44th IEEE CDC (2005)Google Scholar
- 13.Mathworks. Simulink (2010)Google Scholar