Prediction for Water Surface Evaporation Based on PCA and RBF Neural Network
In order to build prediction model of the water surface evaporation so as to easily plan and manage water resources, authors presented a method with the principal component analysis(PCA) and radial basis function(RBF) neural network model for predicting the water surface evaporation. Firstly, the PCA was used to eliminate the correlation of the initial input layer data so that the problem of efficiency caused by too many input parameters and by too large network scale in neural network modeling could be solved. And then, the prediction model of water surface evaporation was built through taking the results of PCA as inputs of the RBF neural network. The research result showed that the model proposed had a better prediction accuracy that the average prediction accuracy reached 95.3%, and enhanced 5.5% and 5.0% compared with the conventional BP network and RBF network respectively, which met the requirements of actual water resources planning and provided a theoretical reference for other region of water surface evaporation forecasting.
Keywordswater surface evaporation principal component analysis radial basis function networks neural networks
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Zhou, J.-l., Yao, F.: Tianshan Mountains Plains Experimental Study of evaporation. Arid Zone Research 16(1), 41–43 (2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Wei, G.-h., Ma, L.: Prediction of water surface evaporation based on Gray Correlation Analysis and RBF Neural Network. Arid Meteorology 27(1), 73–77 (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Min, Q.: Calculation model for water surface evaporation. Water Purification Technology 23(1), 41–44 (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Wang, Y.-y.: Surface evaporation method of testing. Groundwater 28(2), 15–17 (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Zhou, J.-l., Dong, X.-g., Chen, W.-j., et al.: Application of Penman-Monteith formula northern slope of Tianshan plain evaporation. Journal of Xinjiang Agricultural University 25(4), 35–38 (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Guan, Z.-m., Chang, W.-b.: Prediction of aviation spare parts based on PCA-RBF neural network model. Journal of Beijing Technology and Business University: Natural Science 27(3), 60–64 (2009)Google Scholar
- 8.Guo, T.-y., Li, H.-l.: Principal component analysis in the comprehensive evaluation of eutrophication of lakes in the application. Shaanxi Institute of Technology 18(3), 1–4 (2002)Google Scholar
- 9.Hagan, M.T., Demuth, H.B., Beale, M.H.: Neural Network Design. PWS Publishing, Boston (1996)Google Scholar
- 10.Qu, R., Liang, Y.: lycopene content in tomato fruit and Agronomic Traits and Path Analysis. Journal of Northwest Agricultural University 18(2), 233–236 (2009)Google Scholar