Data Mining for Seasonal Influences in Broiler Breeding Based on Observational Study
For the modern poultry breeding companies, it is worthwhile to extract valuable knowledge from the massive historical data to help future production and management. However, data analysis and mining of poultry raising dataset is a challenge due to the complexity and uncertainty bring by the influence of environmental and physiological factors. In this paper, data mining based on observational study is proposed for the research of seasonal influences in broiler breeding. Systematic observational study with the statistical analysis and data mining technology is adopted including macro analysis, exploratory data analysis, and modeling and prediction. Case study using the broiler growth dataset of the most famous poultry raising company in China shows the effectiveness of our approach.
KeywordsObservational study Data mining Seasonal influences Broiler breeding
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Akyuz, A.: Effects of Some Climates Parameters of Environmentally Uncontrollable Broiler Houses on Broiler Performance. J. Anim. Vet. Adv. 8, 2608–2612 (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Sullivan, M.: Statistics: Informed Decisions Using Data, 3rd edn. Pearson Prentice Hall (2008)Google Scholar
- 10.Walpole, R.E., Myers, R.H., Myers, S.L., et al.: Probability & Statistics for Engineers & Scientists, 9th edn. Pearson Prentice Hall (2011)Google Scholar
- 11.Han, J., Kamber, M.: Data Mining: Concepts and Techniques, 2nd edn. Morgan Kaufmann (2006)Google Scholar
- 12.Xiao, M.Y., Lin, P.Y., Yan, S.W., et al.: Data Preprocessing of Poultry Breeding Production Data. Journal of Anhui Agricultural Sciences 38, 20707–20709 (2010)Google Scholar
- 14.Haykin, S.S.: Neural Networks and Learning Machines, 3rd edn. Pearson Prentice Hall (2009)Google Scholar