Reduced 4th-Order Eigenvalue Problem
The technique of the so-called nonlinearization of Lax pairs has been developed and applied to various soliton hierarchies, and this method also was generalized to discuss the nonlinearization of Lax pairs and adjoint Lax pairs of soliton hierarchies. In this paper, by use of the nonlinearization method, the reduced 4th-order eigenvalue problem is discussed and a Lax representation was deduced for the system. By means of Euler-Lagrange equations and Legendre transformations, a reasonable Jacobi-Ostrogradsky coordinate system has been found, and the Bargmann system have been given. Then, the infinite-dimensional motion system described by Lagrange mechaics is changed into the Hamilton cannonical coordinate system.
KeywordsEigenvalue problem Reduced System Jacobi-Ostrogradsky coordinate Bargmann system
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Cao, C.W., Geng, X.G.: Research Reports in Physics. In: Nonlinear Physics. Springer, Heidelberg (1990)Google Scholar
- 2.Cao, C.W.: A Classica Integrable Systems and the Involutive of Solutions of the KDV Equation. Acta Math. Sinica, New Series 7, 5–15 (1991)Google Scholar
- 7.Adler, M.: On a trace functional for formal pseudo-Differential operators and the symplectic structure of the KDV type equations. Inventions Mathematical, 19–248 (1979)Google Scholar
- 9.Gu, Z.Q.: The Neumann system for the 3rd-order eigenvalue problems related to the Boudssinesq equation. IL Nuovc Cimento 117B(6), 615–632 (2002)Google Scholar
- 11.Wang, D.S., Zhang, D.J., Yang, J.K.: Integrable Properities of the General Completed Nonlinear Schodinger Equations. J. Math. Phys. 51, 023540 (2010)Google Scholar