Implementation of Visualization Analysis Software for Evaluating the Changes of Permafrost on Qinghai-Tibet Plateau
To understand heat transfer process and climatic response process in the Qinghai-Tibet highway subgrade, lots of long-term ground temperature observation systems have been deployed to obtain the periodic temperature values. Contour maps were used to analysis these data for study permafrost changes. This paper is to fully utilize the powerful drawing software Surfer through the embedded programming of Visual Basic 6.0. A visualization and analysis software of permafrost change process has been quickly realized by this hybrid programming method. Compared with the original method, it saves time of developing application program to draw contour maps, but also ensure accuracy and efficiency. It also helps researchers to find characteristics and regular patterns of permafrost change process in Qinghai-Tibet highway easily.
KeywordsPermafrost Contour Map Visualization Surfer Software
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Feng, G.L.: The Frozen Ground Roadbed Researches in China: Past, Present and Future. Journal of Glaciology and Geocryology 31(1), 139–147 (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.Wang, S.J., Chen, J.B., Li, X.H.: The Highway Construction Technology in Permafrost Regions: Research and Engineering Practice. Journal of Glaciology and Geocryology 31(2), 384–392 (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Pang, Q.Q., Zhao, L., Li, S.X.: Influences of Local Factors on Ground Temperatures in Permafrost Regions along the Qinghai-Tibet Highway. Journal of Glaciology and Geocryology 33(2), 349–355 (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Yu, Q.H., Qian, J.: Designing Research of the Qinghai-Tibet High-Grade Testing Highway. Journal of Glaciology and Geocryology 31(5), 907–914 (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Yu, H., Wu, Q.B., Liu, Y.Z.: The Long-Term Monitoring System on Permafrost Regions along the Qinghai-Tibet Railway. Journal of Glaciology and Geocryology 30(3), 475–481 (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Davis, J.C.: Statistics and data analysis in geology, 3rd edn. John Wiley & Sons (2002)Google Scholar
- 7.Golden Software Surfer Guide, http://www.goldensoftware.com/Surfer10Guide.pdf
- 8.Bodhankar, N.: Application of vectors for suitability of landforms in siting surface water harvesting structures. Environmental Geology 44(2), 176 (2003)Google Scholar
- 9.Gowd, S.S.: Electrical resistivity surveys to delineate groundwater potential aquifers in Peddavanka watershed, Anantapur District, Andhra Pradesh, India. Environmental Geology 46(1), 118 (2004)Google Scholar