An Efficient Finger-Knuckle-Print Based Recognition System Fusing SIFT and SURF Matching Scores
This paper presents a novel combination of local-local information for an efficient finger-knuckle-print (FKP) based recognition system which is robust to scale and rotation. The non-uniform brightness of the FKP due to relatively curvature surface is corrected and texture is enhanced. The local features of the enhanced FKP are extracted using the scale invariant feature transform (SIFT) and the speeded up robust features (SURF). Corresponding features of the enrolled and the query FKPs are matched using nearest-neighbour-ratio method and then the derived SIFT and SURF matching scores are fused using weighted sum rule. The proposed system is evaluated using PolyU FKP database of 7920 images for both identification mode and verification mode. It is observed that the system performs with CRR of 100% and EER of 0.215%. Further, it is evaluated against various scales and rotations of the query image and is found to be robust for query images downscaled upto 60% and for any orientation of query image.
KeywordsQuery Image Scale Invariant Feature Transform Equal Error Rate Scale Invariant Feature Transform Feature Correct Recognition Rate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.PolyU Finger-Knuckle-Print Database, http://www.comp.polyu.edu.hk/biometrics/FKP.htm
- 3.Choras, M., Kozik, R.: Knuckle biometrics based on texture features. In: International Workshop on Emerging Techniques and Challenges for Hand-Based Biometrics, pp. 1–5 (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Jain, A.K., Flynn, P., Ross, A.A.: Handbook of Biometrics. Springer, USA (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Jungbluth, W.O.: Knuckle print identification. Journal of Forensic Identification 39, 375–380 (1989)Google Scholar
- 12.Zhang, L., Zhang, L., Zhang, D.: Finger-knuckle-print: A new biometric identifier. In: International Conference Image Processing, pp. 1981–1984 (2009)Google Scholar
- 15.Zhang, L., Zhang, L., Zhang, D.: Monogeniccode: A novel fast feature coding algorithm with applications to finger-knuckle-print recognition. In: International Workshop on Emerging Techniques and Challenges for Hand-Based Biometrics, pp. 1–4 (2010)Google Scholar