Conclusions and Recommendations
In this final Chapter, the conclusions of the previous Chapters will be summarised, and recommendations will be given for improvements to the processing of data from current missions, as well as for the design of possible future missions.
KeywordsAccelerometer Data Solar Radiation Pressure Precise Orbit Determination Future Mission Wind Error
- 1.Emmert JT (2009) A long-term data set of globally averaged thermospheric total mass density. J Geophys Res 114(A06315). doi: 10.1029/2009JA014102
- 2.Emmert JT, Picone JM, Meier RR (2008) Thermospheric global average density trends, 1967–2007, derived from orbits of 5000 near-earth objects. Geophys Res Lett 35(L05101). doi: 10.1029/2007GL032809
- 3.Emmert JT, Lean JL, Picone JM (2010) Record-low thermospheric density during the 2008 solar minimum. Geophys Res Lett 37(L12102). doi: 10.1029/2010GL043671
- 5.Nicholas A, Finne T, Galysh I, Davis M, Healy L (2010) The atmospheric neutral density experiment (ANDE), in 2009 NRL Review, Naval Research Laboratory, pp 138–142Google Scholar
- 6.Picone JM, Emmert JT, Lean J (2005) Thermospheric densities derived from spacecraft orbits - I. Accurate processing of two-line element sets. J Geophys Res 110(A03301). doi: 10.1029/2004JA010585