The Role of Coordination Analysis in Software Integration Projects
What sort of component coordination strategies emerge in a software integration process? How can such strategies be discovered and further analysed? How close are they to the coordination component of the envisaged architectural model which was supposed to guide the integration process? This paper introduces a framework in which such questions can be discussed and illustrates its use by describing part of a real case-study. The approach is based on a methodology which enables semi-automatic discovery of coordination patterns from source code, combining generalized slicing techniques and graph manipulation.
KeywordsSource Code Dependence Graph Customer Relationship Management Coordination Pattern Coordination Strategy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Hohpe, G., Woolf, B.: Enterprise Integration Patterns: Designing, Building, and Deploying Messaging Solutions. Addison-Wesley Longman Publishing Co., Inc., Boston (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Horwitz, S., Reps, T., Binkley, D.: Interprocedural slicing using dependence graphs. In: PLDI 1988: Proceedings of the ACM SIGPLAN 1988 Conf. on Programming Usage, Design and Implementation, pp. 35–46. ACM Press (1988)Google Scholar
- 5.Linthicum, D.S.: Enterprise application integration. Addison-Wesley Longman Ltd., Essex (2000)Google Scholar
- 6.Oliveira, N., Rodrigues, N., Henriques, P.R., Barbosa, L.S.: A pattern language for architectural analysis. In: 14th Brazilian Symposium in Programming Languages, SBLP 2010, Slavador, Brasil, vol. 2, pp. 167–180. SBC — Brazilian Computer Society (September 2010) ISSN: 2175-5922Google Scholar
- 8.Rodrigues, N.F.: Slicing Techniques Applied to Architectural Analysis of Legacy Software. PhD thesis, Escola de Engenharia, Braga, Portugal (2008)Google Scholar
- 9.Rodrigues, N.F., Barbosa, L.S.: Coordinspector: a tool for extracting coordination data from legacy code. In: SCAM 2008: Proc. of the Eighth IEEE Inter. Working Conference on Source Code Analysis and Manipulation, pp. 265–266. IEEE Computer Society (2008)Google Scholar
- 10.Rodrigues, N.F., Barbosa, L.S.: Slicing for architectural analysis. Science of Computer Programming (March 2010)Google Scholar
- 11.Sartipi, K., Dezhkam, N., Safyallah, H.: An orchestrated multi-view software architecture reconstruction environment. In: 13th Working Conference on Reverse Engineering (WCRE 2006), Benevento, Italy, October 23-27, pp. 61–70 (2006)Google Scholar