Robot Development Process in the DESIRE Project
In this paper we give a general overview of the development process carried out in the DESIRE project. This process can be roughly split up into four main phases, from specification in the beginning over two integration phases up to optimisation in the end.With a large variety of technologies and expertises involved, the development of a complex service robot system such as the DESIRE technology platform proved to reveal many challenges on technical as well as organisational level. Several of these issues are highlighted in this paper with the goal to derive useful guidelines for other robotics projects.
KeywordsRobot System Technology Platform Service Robot Legacy Code Target Platform
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Deutsche Servicerobotik Initiative (DESIRE), www.service-robotik-initiative.de
- 2.Abrahamsson, P., Salo, O., Ronkainen, J., Warsta, J.: Agile Software Development Methods - Review and Analysis. VTT Elektroniikka (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Beck, K.: Extreme Programming Explained: Embrace Change. Addison-Wesley Professional (1999)Google Scholar
- 4.Dillmann, R.: Benchmarks for Robotics Research. Tech. rep., European Robotics Network (2004), http://www.cas.kth.se/euron/euron-deliverables/ka1-10-benchmarking.pdf
- 5.Sommerville, I.: Software Engineering. Addison-Wesley, Reading (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Szyperski, C.: Component Software: Beyond Object-Oriented Programming. Addison-Wesley, Reading (2002)Google Scholar