Analytical Method for Inverse Problems of Deep Magneto Telluric Sounding
In this work 2D inverse problem is investigated in the case of H-polarization for a fundamental three-layer model of deep magneto telluric (MT) sounding with tectonic faults taking into account that the value of impedance Z is influenced not only by the depth h until the perfectly conducting base, but also by the values of tectonic fault resistance. An analytical-numerical method for solution of the studied inverse problem of deep MT sounding is proposed and stability of the proposed method is proved.
KeywordsInverse Problem Total Resistance Fault Slip Tectonic Fault Fault Rock
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Berdichevsky, M.N., Dmitriev, V.I.: Models and Methods of Magnetotellurics. pp. 574. Springer, Berlin (2011)Google Scholar
- 2.Dmitriev, V.I.: Electromagnetic fields in layered inhomogeneous medium. pp. 311. Moscow State University Press, Moscow (1969)Google Scholar
- 3.Guseynov, Sh.E., Dmitriev, V.I.: On allowance for severely influence tectonic faults in the deep MT sounding inverse problem. In: PHerald of the Moscow State University, Series 15: Computational mathematics and Cybernetics, issue 2, pp. 24–30 (1992)Google Scholar
- 4.Handy, M.R., Hirth, G., Hovius, N. (eds): Tectonic Faults. Agents of Change on a Dynamic Earth, Series “Dahlem Workshop Reports". pp. 504. Cambridge, London, MIT Press (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Landau, L.D., Lifshitz, E.M.: Theoretical Physics. Electrodynamics of continuous medium. Vol. 8, pp. 474. Pergamon Press, Oxford (1984)Google Scholar
- 6.Mahan, G.D: Many-Particle Physics. pp. 1032. Plenum Press, New York (1990)Google Scholar
- 7.Medin, A.E.: The Magnetotelluric Inverse Problem. Ph.D. thesis, University of California, San Diego (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Sommerfeld, A.: Theoretical Physics, Vol. 3: Electrodynamics. pp. 505. “Fizmatlit", Moscow (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Tikhonov, A.N.: On determining electrical characteristics of the deep layers of the earth crust. In: Proc. Acad. Sci. USSR 72(2), 295–297 (1950)Google Scholar
- 10.Tikhonov, A.N.: Mathematical grounding of the electromagnetic sounding theory. In: J. Comput. Math. Math. Phys. 5(3), 545–548 (1965)Google Scholar