As discussed in Chap. 3, in order to achieve the objectives of this study various types of laboratory work were conducted during the course of development of this research program. The laboratory work carried out ranged from sample preparation and routine core analysis to core-flooding tests and NMR measurements. This chapter presents in details the results of the various experimental work performed.
KeywordsOverburden Pressure Injection Cycle Brine Production Cyclic Injection Imbibition Cycle
- 1.Lyons WC, Plisga GJ (2005) Standard handbook of petroleum and natural gas engineering, 2nd edn. Gulf Professional Publishing Elsevier, BurlingtonGoogle Scholar
- 2.Tiab D, Donaldson EC (2004) Petrophysics. Gulf Professional Publishing–Elsevier, BurlingtonGoogle Scholar
- 3.Abu-Khamsin SA, Ayub M, Al-Marhoun MA, Menouar H (1993) Water flooding in a tarmat reservoir laboratory model. J Pet Sci Eng 9:51–261Google Scholar
- 4.Hinkley RE, Davis LA (1986) Capillary pressure discontinuities and end effects in homogeneous composite cores: effect of flow rate and wettability. SPE 15596, SPE annual technical conference and exhibition, Copyright 1986, Society of petroleum engineers, Inc., New Orleans, LouisianaGoogle Scholar
- 5.Øyno L, Uleberg K, Whitson CH (1995) Dry gas injection in fractured chalk reservoirs—an experimental approach. Society of core analysts symposium, San Francisco, CA, USAGoogle Scholar