Simultaneous Denoising and Illumination Correction via Local Data-Fidelity and Nonlocal Regularization
In this paper, we provide a new model for simultaneous denoising and illumination correction. A variational framework based on local maximum likelihood estimation (MLE) and a nonlocal regularization is proposed and studied. The proposed minimization problem can be efficiently solved by the augmented Lagrangian method coupled with a maximum expectation step. Experimental results show that our model can provide more homogeneous denoisng results compared to some earlier variational method. In addition, the new method also produces good results under both Gaussian and non-Gaussian noise such as Gaussian mixture, impulse noise and their mixtures.
KeywordsNoisy Image Impulse Noise Augmented Lagrangian Method Bias Function Split Bregman Method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 8.Jung, M., Vese, L.A.: Image restoration via nonlocal Mumford-Shah regularizers. UCLA C.A.M. Report 08-35 (2008)Google Scholar
- 12.Li, C., Huang, R., Ding, Z., Gatenby, C., Metaxas, D.N., Gore, J.C.: A variational level set approach to segmentation and bias correction of images with intensity inhomogeneity. In: Metaxas, D., Axel, L., Fichtinger, G., Székely, G. (eds.) MICCAI 2008, Part II. LNCS, vol. 5242, pp. 1083–1091. Springer, Heidelberg (2008)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 13.Tai, X.C., Wu, C.L.: Augmented Lagrangian method, dual methods and split Bregman iteration for ROF model. UCLA C.A.M. Report 09-05 (2009)Google Scholar
- 14.Wu, C.L., Tai, X.C.: Augmented Lagrangian method, dual methods, and split bregman iteration for ROF, vectorial TV, and high order models. UCLA C.A.M. Report 09-76 (2009)Google Scholar
- 16.Bae, E., Yuan, J., Tai, X.C.: Global minimization for continuous multiphase partitioning problems using a dual approach. UCLA C.A.M. Report 09-75 (2009)Google Scholar
- 17.Goldstein, T., Osher, S.: The split Bregman method for L1 regularized problems. UCLA C.A.M. Report 08-29 (2008)Google Scholar
- 19.Zhang, X., Burgery, M., Bresson, X., Osher, S.: Bregmanized nonlocal regularization for deconvolution and sparse reconstruction. UCLA C.A.M. Report 09-03 (2009)Google Scholar