Complex Service Provisioning in Collaborative Cloud Markets
Today’s cloud consumers gain a high level of flexibility by using externally provided cloud-based services. However, they have no means for requesting combined services from different clouds or for enforcing an individual quality level. Laying the foundation for market-based cloud collaborations including the negotiation of individual quality parameters is an important aspect for future cloud computing. Cloud consumers, especially enterprises are then able to request complex services with consumer-driven quality guarantees according to their individual needs and are not concerned with the problem on how to make the different components work together. In this paper, we present an approach for collaborative complex service provisioning in cloud computing and an evaluation of selected mechanisms for the negotiation of quality parameters in such a collaborative market-based scenario.
KeywordsCloud Computing Cloud Provider Service Consumer Negotiation Protocol English Auction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Hassan, M.M., Song, B., Yoon, C., Lee, H.W., Huh, E.N.: A Novel Market Oriented Dynamic Collaborative Cloud Service Infrastructure. In: 2009 World Conference on Services - II (SERVICES-2 2009), pp. 9–16 (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Müller, P., Reuther, B.: Future Internet Architecture – A Service-oriented Approach. it–Information Technology 50(6), 383–389 (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Nair, S.K., Porwal, S., Dimitrakos, T., Ferrer, A.J., Tordsson, J., Sharif, T., Sheridan, C., Rajarajan, M., Khan, A.U.: Towards Secure Cloud Bursting, Brokerage and Aggregation. In: 8th IEEE European Conference on Web Services (ECOWS 2010), pp. 189–196 (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.Paletta, M., Herrero, P.: A MAS-Based Negotiation Mechanism to Deal with Service Collaboration in Cloud Computing. In: 2009 International Conference on Intelligent Networking and Collaborative Systems (INCOS 2009), pp. 147–153 (2009)Google Scholar
- 11.Pettey, C., Tudor, B.: Gartner Says Worldwide Cloud Services Market to Surpass $ 68 Billion in 2010 (June 2010), http://www.gartner.com/it/page.jsp?id=1389313 (last access: May 07, 2011)
- 12.Sandholm, T.: Distributed Rational Decision Making. In: Weiß, G. (ed.) Multiagent Systems: A Modern Introduction to Distributed Artificial Intelligence, ch. 5, pp. 201–258. MIT Press, Cambridge (1999)Google Scholar