TwoEagles: A Model Transformation Tool from Architectural Descriptions to Queueing Networks
We present the implementation of a methodology for the modeling, analysis, and comparison of software architectures based on their performance characteristics. The implementation is part of a software tool that is called TwoEagles, which extends the architecture-centric tool TwoTowers – based on the stochastic process algebraic description language Æmilia – and integrates it into Eclipse. The extension consists of a Java-coded plugin that we have called AEmilia_to_QN. This plugin transforms Æmilia descriptions into queueing network models expressed in the XML schema PMIF, which can then be rendered via the QN_Editor tool or analyzed by multiple queueing network solvers that can be invoked through the Weasel web service.
KeywordsBehavioral Pattern Service Process Combination Rule Queueing Network Architectural Description
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Bernardo, M.: TwoTowers 5.1 User Manual (2006), http://www.sti.uniurb.it/bernardo/twotowers/
- 6.Cavada, R., Cimatti, A., Olivetti, E., Pistore, M., Roveri, M.: NuSMV 2.1 User Manual (2002)Google Scholar
- 11.Lazowska, E.D., Zahorjan, J., Scott Graham, G., Sevcik, K.C.: Quantitative System Performance: Computer System Analysis Using Queueing Network Models. Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs (1984)Google Scholar
- 12.OMG, Query/View/Transformation, formal/08-04-03Google Scholar
- 13.Smith, C.U., Llado, C.M.: Performance Model Interchange Format (PMIF 2.0): XML Definition. In: Proc. of QEST 2004, pp. 38–47. IEEE-CS Press, Los Alamitos (2004)Google Scholar
- 15.Zallocco, S.: Web service for Analyzing queueing networks with multiple solvers (2006), http://sealabtools.di.univaq.it/Weasel/