Korean Documents Copy Detection Based on Ferret
With the development of electronic documents, plagiarism is rapidly increasing and, given the difficulty of manual detection, need for plagiarism detection systems to help protect intellectual property has emerged. Many content-based detection systems have been developed and are actually used in some foreign countries, but they are still insufficient for documents in Korean. In particular, the high variance of Hangul makes the development of detection systems more difficult. This study proposes a Hangul document detection method based on Ferret’s trigrams. Ferret only considered the frequency of trigram matches as a way to detect similarity, but in this study the system is developed further by weighting results depending on the degree of trigram match, thereby improving the accuracy of similarity detection.
KeywordsIntelligent Computing in Pattern Recognition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Brin, S., Davis, J., et al.: Copy Detection Mechanisms for Digital Documents. In: Proceedings of the ACM SIGMOD Annual Conference (1995)Google Scholar
- 2.Shivakumar, Garcia-Monlina: SCAM: A Copy Detection Mechanisms for Digital Documents. In: Proceedings of International Conference on Theory and Practice of Digital Libraries (1995)Google Scholar
- 3.Bao, J.P., Shen, J.Y., et al.: Document Copy Detection Based On Kernel Method. In: International Conference on Natural, pp. 250–255 (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Lyon, C., Barret, R., et al.: A Theoretical Basis to the Automated Detection of Copying Between Texts, and Its Practical Implementation in the Ferret Plagiarism and Collusion Detector (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Bao, J.P., Lyon, C., et al.: Copy detection in Chinese Documents Using the Ferret: a Report on Experiments. Technical Report 456 (2006)Google Scholar