Verifying B Proof Rules Using Deep Embedding and Automated Theorem Proving
We propose a formal and mechanized framework which consists in verifying proof rules of the B method, which cannot be automatically proved by the elementary prover of Atelier B and using an external automated theorem prover called Zenon. This framework contains in particular a set of tools, named BCARe and developed by Siemens SAS I MO, which relies on a deep embedding of the B theory within the logic of the Coq proof assistant and allows us to automatically generate the required properties to be checked for a given proof rule. Currently, this tool chain is able to automatically verify a part of the derived rules of the B-Book, as well as some added rules coming from Atelier B and the rule database maintained by Siemens SAS I MO.
KeywordsB Method Proof Rules Verification Deep Embedding Automated Theorem Proving Coq zenon
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Bodeveix, J.-P., Filali, M., Muñoz, C.: A Formalization of the B-Method in Coq and PVS. B Users Group Meeting, Toulouse, France (September 1999)Google Scholar
- 7.Cirstea, H., Kirchner, C.: Using Rewriting and Strategies for Describing the B Predicate Prover. In: Strategies in Automated Deduction, Lindau, Germany, pp. 25–36 (July 1998)Google Scholar
- 8.ClearSy. Atelier B 4.0 (February 2009), http://www.atelierb.eu/
- 9.Couchot, J.-F., Dadeau, F., Déharbe, D., Giorgetti, A., Ranise, S.: Proving and Debugging Set-Based Specifications. In: Workshop on Formal Methods, Campina Grande, Brazil. ENTCS, vol. 95, pp. 189–208. Elsevier (October 2003)Google Scholar
- 13.Le Lay, É.: Automatiser la validation des règles. Master’s thesis, INSA (Rennes), Siemens SAS I MO (September 2008)Google Scholar
- 15.The Coq Development Team. Coq, version 8.3. INRIA (October 2010), http://coq.inria.fr/