Days Spent with Professor Ebrahim H. Mamdani
In our very early days of fuzzy sets and logic, I had an opportunity to spend some time with Professor Ebrahim Mamdani. Therefore, it is my privilege to tell something about him. In this small article I would like to tell a story concerned with the dawn of the fuzzy control age, about something having happened with and also having been influenced by Professor Mamdani from 1975 to 1987.
KeywordsFuzzy Logic Fuzzy Control Fuzzy Controller Cement Kiln Fuzzy Control System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Rorty, R. (ed.): The Linguistic Turn. University of Chicago Press (1967)Google Scholar
- 8.Holmblad, L.P., Ostergaard, J.-J.: Control of a cement kiln by fuzzy logic. In: Gupta, M.M., Sanchez, E. (eds.) Fuzzy Information and Decision Processes, pp. 389–399. North-Holland (1982)Google Scholar
- 9.Takagi, T., Sugeno, M.: Fuzzy identification of systems and its application to modeling and control. IEEE Trans. Systems, Man and Cybernetics SMC-15, 116–132 (1985)Google Scholar
- 10.Yasunobu, S., Miyamoto, S.: Automatic train operation system by predictive fuzzy control. In: Sugeno, M. (ed.) Industrial Applications of Fuzzy Control, pp. 1–18. North-Holland (1985)Google Scholar
- 11.Yagishita, O., Itoh, O., Sugeno, M.: Application of fuzzy reasoning to water purification process. In: Sugeno, M. (ed.) Industrial Applications of Fuzzy Control, pp. 19–39. North-Holland (1985)Google Scholar
- 12.Yamazaki, T.: An improved algorithm for self-organising controller, PhD Thesis, Queen Mary College, University of London (1982)Google Scholar
- 13.Yamazaki, T., Sugeno, M.: A microprocessor based fuzzy controller for industrial purposes. In: Sugeno, M. (ed.) Industrial Applications of Fuzzy Control, pp. 231–239 (1985)Google Scholar
- 14.Sugiyama, K.: Analysis and synthesis of rule-based self-organising controller, PhD Thesis, Queen, Mary College, University of London (1986)Google Scholar