The Meta-Morphing Model Used in TARGIT BI Suite
This paper presents the meta-morphing model and its practical application in an industry strength business intelligence solution. The meta-morphing model adds associations between measures and dimensions to a traditional multi-dimensional cube model, and thus facilitates a process where users are able to ask questions to a business intelligence (BI) system without the constraints of a traditional system. In addition, the model will learn the user’s presentation preferences and thereby reduce the number of interactions needed to present the answer. The nature of meta-morphing means that users can ask questions that are incomplete and thereby experience the system as a more intuitive platform than state-of-art.
KeywordsData Warehouse Business Intelligence United States Patent Cube Model European Regional Development Fund
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Middelfart, M.: CALM: Computer Aided Leadership & Management. iUniverse (2005)Google Scholar
- 2.Middelfart, M., Pedersen, T.B.: Using Sentinel Technology in the TARGIT BI Suite. PVLDB 3(2), 1629–1632 (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Middelfart, M.: Presentation of data using meta-morphing. United States Patent 7,779,018 (Issued August 17, 2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Middelfart, M.: Method and user interface for making a presentation of data using meta-morphing. United States Patent 7,783,628 (Issued August 24, 2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Sallam, R.L., Richardson, J., Hagerty, J., Hostmann, B.: Magic Quadrant for Business Intelligence Platforms, www.gartner.com/technology/media-products/reprints/oracle/article180/article180.html (April 28, 2011)