Fault Tolerant Autonomic Computing Systems in a Chemical Setting
The chemical computing model was originally proposed as a simple and elegant parallel programming paradigm. Data are seen as molecules and computation as chemical reactions : if some molecules satisfy a predefined reaction condition, they are replaced by the product of the reaction. When no reaction is possible, a normal form is reached and the program terminates. In this paper, we describe how we can build fault tolerant autonomic systems in a chemical setting. We pay a particular attention to the chemical description of the simple and successful constructs for fault-tolerance such as the recovery block scheme by designing a generic chemical framework. Then, we apply this framework to the development of an autonomic mailing system... all this in a chemical setting.
KeywordsAcceptance Test Chemical Description Main Solution Reaction Rule Primary Alternate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Banâtre, J.P., Fradet, P., Radenac, Y.: Chemical specification of autonomic systems. In: Proc. of the 13th Int. Conf. on Intelligent and Adaptive Systems and Software Engineering (IASSE 2004) (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Banâtre, J.P., Fradet, P., Radenac, Y.: Principles of chemical programming. In: Abdennadher, S., Ringeissen, C. (eds.) Proceedings of the 5th International Workshop on Rule-Based Programming (RULE 2004). ENTCS, vol. 124, pp. 133–147. Elsevier, Amsterdam (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Fernandez, H., Priol, T., Tedeschi, C.: Decentralized Approach for Execution of Composite Web Services Using the Chemical Paradigm. In: IEEE 8th International Conference on Web Services (ICWS 2010), Miami, United States (July 2010)Google Scholar
- 9.Randell, B., Xu, J.: The evolution of the recovery block concept. In: Lyu, M. (ed.) Software Fault Tolerance. John Wiley & Sons Ltd., Chichester (1995)Google Scholar
- 10.Ruiz Barradas, H.: Une approche à la dérivation formelle de systèmes en Gamma. Ph.D. thesis, Université de Rennes 1, France (July 1993)Google Scholar