Designing Heterogeneous Component Based Systems: Evaluation of MARTE Standard and Enhancement Proposal
Building complex real-time embedded systems requires assembly of heterogeneous components, possibly using various computation and communication models. A great challenge is to be able to design such systems using models where these heterogeneity characteristics are described precisely to assist the next step of the development including implementation or analysis. Although the new MARTE standard provides the core concepts to model real-time components using various communication paradigms, we state in this paper that MARTE extensions have still to be made and we propose to extract common features from several component based approaches in order to support finer compositions of heterogeneous sub-systems.
KeywordsComplex Connector Architecture Description Language Interface Realization Synchronous Data Flow Component Base Development
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Open core protocol specificationGoogle Scholar
- 2.Crnkovic, I., Chaudron, M., Sentilles, S., Vulgarakis, A.: A classification framework for component models. In: Proceedings of the 7th Conference on Software Engineering and Practice in Sweden (October 2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Jantsch, A.: Modeling Embedded Systems and SoCs. Morgan Kaufmann, San Francisco (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.OMG: Omg unified modeling languagetm (omg uml) superstructure (v2.3). Tech. rep., OMG (2010)Google Scholar
- 11.OMG: Sysml 1.1. Tech. rep., OMG (2010)Google Scholar
- 12.OMG: Uml for marte 1.0. Tech. rep., OMG (2010)Google Scholar
- 13.Shaw, M., Garlan, D.: Characteristics of higher-level languages for software architecture. Tech. rep., Carnegie Mellon Univ. (1994)Google Scholar