A Novel Approach for Interacting with Linked Open Data
The continuous growth of the Linked Data Web brings us closer to the original vision of the Web, as an interconnected network of machine-readable resources. However, the ability to easily manipulate Linked Open Data (LOD) is still an open issue. In this demonstration we will show through a lifecycle model how to enable a domain-agnostic read/write interaction with LOD. Our solution uses an ontology to build a binding front-end for a given RDF model, in addition to RDFa to maintain the semantics of the resulting form/widget components. On the processing side, a RESTful Web service is provided to seamlessly manage semantic widgets and their associated data, and hence enable the read/write data interaction mechanism.
KeywordsLink Data Link Open Data Restful Service Original Vision Lifecycle Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Berners-Lee, T., Cyganiak, R., Hausenblas, M., Presbrey, J., Sneviratne, O., Ureche, O.-E.: On Integration Issues of Site-specific APIs into the Web Of Data. Technical report, DERI (2009)Google Scholar
- 2.Bizer, C., Heath, T., Berners-Lee, T.: Linked Data – The Story So Far. In: International Journal on Semantic Web and Information Systems, IJSWIS (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.de Ohra, B.: Automated mapping between RDF and forms (2005), http://www.dehora.net/journal/2005/08/automated_mapping_between_rdf_and_forms_part_i.XHTML
- 4.Haller, A., Rosenberg, F.: A Semantic Web Enabled form model and restful service implementation. In: Proceedings of SOCA 2010 (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Hausenblas, M.: RDForms Vocabulary (2010), http://rdfs.org/ns/rdforms/XHTML