Quality Driven Web Services Replication Using Directed Acyclic Graph Coding
Web services cannot be always available as they are typically deployed in a dynamic environment. As an effective approach to improving Web services availability, replication has received much attention recently. How to design an optimal replication scheme with the best QoS, however, remains an open problem due to its inherent computational hardness. In this paper, we propose an efficient approach to designing a near-optimal replication scheme. We adopt directed acyclic graph (DAG) as the modeling tool for replication scheme and then utilize DAG coding for performance optimization. Simulation results show our approach can generate a near-optimal replication scheme with acceptable computation overheads.
KeywordsGenetic Algorithm Adjacency Matrix Direct Acyclic Graph Simple Additive Weighting Acyclic Digraph
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Guo, H., Huai, J., Li, H., Deng, T., Li, Y., Du, Z.: ANGEL: Optimal Configuration for High Available Service Composition. In: ICWS 2007, pp. 280–287. IEEE Computer Society, Los Alamitos (2007)Google Scholar
- 2.Maamar, Z., Sheng, Q.Z., Benslimane, D.: Sustaining Web Services High-Availability Using Communities. In: ARES 2008, pp. 834–841. IEEE Computer Society, Los Alamitos (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.McKay, B.D., Oggier, F.E., Royle, G.F., Sloane, N.J.A., Wanless, I.M., Wilf, H.S.: Acyclic Digraphs and Ei-genvalues of (0,1)-Matrices. Journal of Integer Sequence 7, article 04.3.3 (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Salas, J., Perez-Sorrosal, F., Patino-Martinez, M., Jimenez-Peris, R.: WS-Replication: A Framework for Highly Available Web Services. In: WWW 2006, pp. 357–366. ACM, New York (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Stein, S., Payne, T.R., Jennings, N.R.: Flexible Provisioning of Web Services Workflows. ACM Transactions on Internet Technology 9(1) (February 2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Yoon, K.P., Hwang, C.-L.: Multiple Attribute Decision Making: An Introduction (Sage University Paper Series on Quantitative Applications in the Social Sciences, 07-104). Thousand Oaks, CA (1995)Google Scholar
- 8.Zheng, Z., Lyu, M.R.: A Distributed Replication Strategy Evaluation and Selection Framework for Fault Tolerant Web Services. In: ICWS 2008, pp. 145–152. IEEE Computer Society, Los Alamitos (2008)Google Scholar