Model Checking and Co-simulation of a Dynamic Task Dispatcher Circuit Using CADP
The complexity of multiprocessor architectures for mobile multi-media applications renders their validation challenging. In addition, to provide the necessary flexibility, a part of the functionality is realized by software. Thus, a formal model has to take into account both hardware and software. In this paper we report on the use of LOTOS NT and CADP for the formal modeling and analysis of the DTD (Dynamic Task Dispatcher), a complex hardware block of an industrial hardware architecture developed by STMicroelectronics. Using LOTOS NT facilitated exploration of alternative design choices and increased the confidence in the DTD, by, on the one hand, automatic analysis of formal models easily understood by the architect of the DTD, and, on the other hand, co-simulation of the formal model with the implementation used for synthesis.
KeywordsModel Check Idle Mode Execution Scheme Host Processor Multiprocessor Architecture
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Champelovier, D., Clerc, X., Garavel, H., Guerte, Y., McKinty, C., Powazny, V., Lang, F., Serwe, W., Smeding, G.: Reference Manual of the LOTOS NT to LOTOS Translator (Version 5.1). INRIA/VASY, pages 117 (December 2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Garavel, H., Sifakis, J.: Compilation and Verification of LOTOS Specifications. In: Proceedings of the 10th International Symposium on Protocol Specification, Testing and Verification. IFIP, pp. 379–394. North-Holland, Amsterdam (1990)Google Scholar
- 7.Garavel, H., Sighireanu, M.: Towards a Second Generation of Formal Description Techniques – Rationale for the Design of E-LOTOS. In: Proceedings of the 3rd International Workshop on Formal Methods for Industrial Critical Systems FMICS 1998, pp. 187–230 (May 1998) CWI. Invited lectureGoogle Scholar
- 10.ISO/IEC. LOTOS — A Formal Description Technique Based on the Temporal Ordering of Observational Behaviour. International Standard 8807, International Organization for Standardization (September 1989)Google Scholar
- 11.ISO/IEC. Enhancements to LOTOS (E-LOTOS). International Standard 15437:2001, International Organization for Standardization (September 2001)Google Scholar
- 14.STMicroelectronics/CEA. Platform 2012: A Many-core programmable accelerator for Ultra-Efficient Embedded Computing in Nanometer Technology (November 2010), http://www.2parma.eu/images/stories/p2012_whitepaper.pdf