Part of the The Fraunhofer IESE Series on Software and Systems Engineering book series (SSENG)
This chapter motivates the need for defining and managing software process models. Basic concepts and terminology are presented. Figure 1.1 displays the chapter structure.
KeywordsSoftware Development Software Engineering Software Process Process Definition Global Software Development
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 1.Sangwan R, Bass M, Mullick N, Paulish DJ, Kazmeier J (2007) Global software development handbook. Auerbach Publications, Boca Raton, FLGoogle Scholar
- 2.International Organization for Standardization (2006) ISO/IEC 15504:2004, ‘Information technology—Process assessment’. ISO/IEC, Geneva, SwitzerlandGoogle Scholar
- 3.Carnegie Mellon Software Engineering Institute (2010) Capability maturity model integration 1.3. http://www.sei.cmu.edu/cmmi/. Accessed 9 Jun 2011
- 4.International Electrotechnical Commission (2005) IEC 61508, ‘Functional safety of electrical/electronic/programmable electronic safety-related systems’. IEC, Geneva, SwitzerlandGoogle Scholar
- 5.European Cooperation for Space Standardization (2009) Collaboration Website of the European Cooperation for Space Standardization. http://www.ecss.nl/. Accessed 9 Jun 2011
- 6.ESA Board for Software Standardisation and Control (BSSC) (2005) Tailoring of ECSS software engineering standards for ground segments in ESA. http://www.esa.int/TEC/Software_engineering_and_standardisation/TECT5CUXBQE_0.html. Accessed 9 Jun 2011
- 7.Basili VR, Caldiera G, Rombach HD (1994) The experience factory. Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 9.Osterweil LJ (1987) Software processes are software too. In: Proceedings of the 9th international conference on software engineering (ICSE 1987), Monterey, CA, pp 2–13Google Scholar
- 11.Rombach HD, Verlage M (1995) Directions in software process research. In: Zelkowitz MV (ed) Advances in computers 41. Academic Press, Boston, MAGoogle Scholar
- 12.Feiler PH, Humphrey WS (1993) software process development and enactment: concepts and definitions. In: Proceedings of the 2nd international conference on the software process (ICSP 2), Berlin, Germany, February 1993, pp 28–40Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2012