E-Mobility Will Change Automotive Retailing – A Strategic Approach
Retailing is the last step of the automotive value chain. Automotive retailers complete all transactions with customers: product presentation, closing, after sales, maintenance and repair. OEMs focus on developing new car technology, manufacturing and branding. Branding is one core competence of OEMs. Brands like Audi, BMW or Mercedes Benz invest a lot of money in advertising, sponsoring, events or public relations to cultivate the market for new customers or to increase brand loyalty of existing customers. E-mobility is a new business. Most consumers cannot identify the Unique Selling Proposition (USP) and customer value of a green car. To succeed in the e-mobility market, OEMs have to create new customer services. To make e-mobility shopping and service easier or to accommodate costumer desires, OEMs have to engage in new distribution systems. They need a closer customer contact, several points of contact and a strong branding to implement e-mobility concepts.
KeywordsCustomer Service Carbon Capture Customer Relationship Management Strategic Approach Brand Loyalty
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Aberdeen Group: The Multi-Channel Retail Benchmark Report, Boston (2005)Google Scholar
- Kearney, A.T.: Multi-Channel Retailing, Düsseldorf (2008)Google Scholar
- Becker, D.: (KPMG): Value chain crash – new business models for the automotive industry (2010)Google Scholar
- Berman, B., Evans, J.R.: Retail Management: A Strategic Approach. New Jersey (2007)Google Scholar
- Burger, F.: Mobilization for millions in Automotive now, vol. (1) (Spring 2011)Google Scholar
- Capgemini: Dealership of the Future – The Emergence of New Dealer Formats and New Busi-ness Realities (2009)Google Scholar
- Heinemann, G.: Multi-Channel-Handel: Erfolgsfaktoren und Best Practices. Wiesbaden (2008)Google Scholar
- KPMG: Multi-channel sales approach for premium autos: raising cost effectiveness in marketing and sales (2009a)Google Scholar
- KPMG: Mobility for a global life: Concepts for the future (2009b)Google Scholar
- Lippautz, S., Winterhoff, M., Little, A.D.: Winning on the E-mobility playing field (2010)Google Scholar
- Stricker, K., Matthies, G., Tsang, R.: (Bain & Company): Vom Automobilbauer zum Mobilitätsdienstleister, München (2011)Google Scholar
- Zentes, J., Morschett, D., Schramm-Klein, H.: Strategic Retail Management, Wiesbaden (2007)Google Scholar