Grid Network Management System Based on Hierarchical Information Model
We defined three-hierarchical information model and GNSI (Grid Network Service Interface) to reserve and activate network resources in grid environment. Management scheme of three-hierarchical information model is a little more complicated than that of existing two-hierarchical information model, but our model increases the utilization of network resources by allowing grid application to use several grid network resources over the same path. We designed and implemented grid network management system based on GNSI interface and three-hierarchical information model of network resources. We tested reservation and activation on grid network resources in the test-bed of GMPLS network overlaid over KREONET research network. We also successfully carried out international interoperability test on the control of grid network by deploying FENIUS-API over global research network.
Keywordsgrid network resource management reservation grid network interface
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Holmes, V.P., Johnson, W.R., Miller, D.J.: Integrating Web Service and Grid Enabling Technologies to Provide Desktop Access to High-Performance Cluster-Based Components for Large-Scale Data Services. In: ANSS 2003 (2003)Google Scholar
- 2.OGF, Network Service Interface Working Group, http://www.ogf.org/gf/group_info/view.php?group=nsi-wg
- 3.GLIF, Technical Issues Working Group, http://www.glif.is/working-groups/tech/
- 5.Markidis, G.: EU Integrated Project PHOSPHORUS: Grid-GMPLS Control Plane for the Support of Grid Network Services. Transparent Optical Networks (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Battestilli, L.: EnLIGHTened Computing: An Architecture for Co-allocating Network, Compute, and other Grid Resources for High-End Applications. In: Grid Computing, High-performAnce and Distributed Applications, GADA 2007 (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Banks, T.: Web Services Resource Framework. In: OASIS (2006)Google Scholar
- 8.Ali, Z.: A scalable call admission control algorithm. IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking 16(2) (2008)Google Scholar
- 9.Yang, X., Lehman, T., Tracy, C.: Policy-Based Resource Management and Service Provisioning in GMPLS Networks. In: INFOCOM (2006)Google Scholar