Elements of Cloud Computing: A Perspective on Service Oriented Enterprises (SOEs)
Cloud computing has made the potential dream of the IT industry come true by providing software as a utility as a better service and transformed the way the hardware has been designed. Cloud Computing refers to both the applications delivered as services over the Internet and the hardware and systems software in the datacenters that provide those services. It reaps all the benefits of virtualization, grid computing and distributed computing which offers software, infrastructure and platform as a service on the basis of “pay as you use model”. This paper addresses various issues related to the service oriented enterprises in terms of on demand computing (cloud computing). A survey on quality of service provided by various cloud service providers is also presented here with a discussion of various issues in integrating the service oriented enterprises and cloud services.
KeywordsCloud Computing Cloud Service Cloud Provider Cloud Service Provider Public Cloud
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Singh, T., Vara, P.K.: Smart Metering the Clouds. In: 18th IEEE International Workshops on Enabling Technologies: Infrastructures for Collaborative Enterprises (2009)Google Scholar
- 11.cloudburst as Coghead calls it quits, http://blogs.zdnet.com/colloboration/?p=349
- 12.http://www.psbresearch.com/press_pubs/press_publications_ Jan%20_20_2010.html
- 14.http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa292168(VS.71).aspxGoogle Scholar
- 15.Mikkilineni, R., Sarathy, V.: Cloud Computing and the Lessons from the Past. In: 18th IEEE International Workshops on Enabling Technologies: Infrastructures for Collaborative Enterprises (2009)Google Scholar
- 16.Almulla, S.A., Yeun, C.Y.: Cloud computing security management. In: 2010 Second International Conference on Engineering Systems Management and Its Applications (ICESMA), March 30-April 1, pp. 1–7 (2010)Google Scholar
- 17.EI-Refaey, M.A., Rizkaa, M.A.: CloudGauge: A Dynamic Cloud and Virtualization Benchmarking Suite. In: 2nd International IEEE Workshop on Colloboration and Cloud Computing (2010)Google Scholar
- 18.Liver, B., Di Paolo, R., Tice, K.: Privacy in Service Oriented Architectures: SOA Boundary Identity Masking for Enterprises. In: 2010 IEEE 12th Conference on Commerce and Enterprise Computing, CEC, pp. 204–211 (2010)Google Scholar
- 19.Wang, C., Wang, Q., Ren, K., Lou, W.: Privacy-Preserving Public Auditing for Data Storage Security in Cloud Computing. In: INFOCOM, 2010 Proceedings IEEE, March 14-19, pp. 1–9 (2010)Google Scholar
- 20.Sotomayor, B., Montero, R.S., Llorente, I.M., Foster, I.: Virtual Infrastructure Management in Private and Hybrid Clouds. IEEE Internet Computing (2009)Google Scholar