Automatic, Robust Face Detection and Recognition System for Surveillance and Security Using LabVIEW (sCUBE)
The automatic, high end surveillance systems are of immense need in the wake of the emerging security problems faced in today’s world. Most of the high end systems use current trends in technology but often prove to be costly which make them un-affordable for the common people. Thus there is an urge to develop a fully functional, high end, continuous surveillance system which has an error free monitoring and also cost effective. Thus we have taken up the challenge of developing a low cost, real time face detection and face recognition system which can provide automatic, robust, unmanned Surveillance and Security at critical points. The system was successfully installed and the efficiency of the overall system was tested.
KeywordsFace Recognition Face Image Face Detection Face Recognition System Real Time Face Detection
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kanade, T.: Picture Processing by computer complex and recognition of human faces, PhD Thesis, Kyoto University (1973)Google Scholar
- 3.Turk, M.A., Pentland, A.P.: Face Recognition Using Eigenfaces. In: IEEE Conf. on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 586–591 (1991)Google Scholar
- 4.Demers, D., Cotrell, G.W.: Non-Dimensionality reduction. In: Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems, vol. 5, pp. 580–587. Morgan Kaufman Publishers, San Mateo (1993)Google Scholar
- 5.Turk, M., Pentland, A.: Eigenfaces for Recognition. Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience (March 1991)Google Scholar
- 6.Turk, M.A., Pentland, A.P.: Face recognition using eigenfaces. In: Proc. of Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 586–591. IEEE, Los Alamitos (1991b)Google Scholar