Packet Scheduling Scheme with Enhanced Quality of Service for Mobile WiMAX
A new packet scheduling scheme for Mobile WiMAX network is proposed. The network architecture includes one BS and several MSs which are in different locations. The uplink traffic from Mobile Stations (MS’s) that belong to various classes to the Base Station (BS) is scheduled.It is assumed that the MS’s request the BS for bandwidth by a Bandwidth request and the BS station grants the bandwidth. The available slots for scheduling of uplink traffic is done based on the predefined priorities of the traffic classes. The BS then allocates the bandwidth to each MS based on the class it belongs and distance from the BS. All the mobile WiMAX parameters like transmit power, receive gain, transmit gain, mobility have been considered for simulation. Results indicate a clear reduction in delay and increase in throughput for different classes of flows compared to the existing Quality of Service based 2-Tier Ad-Hoc Scheduling Scheme (2T-AHSS).
KeywordsSchedule Algorithm Mobile Station Schedule Scheme Bandwidth Allocation Subscriber Station
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Lu, S., Bharghavan, V.: Fair Scheduling in Wireless Packet Networks. IEEE/ACM Trans. Networking 7 (1999)Google Scholar
- 2.So-In, C., Jain, R., Al-Tamim, I.A.: Generalized Weighted Fairness and its support in Deficit Round Robin with Fragmentation in IEEE 802.16 WiMAX. In: The 2nd International Conference on Computer and Automation Engineering (ICCAE), Singapore, vol. 1, pp. 784–788 (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Mobile WiMAX QoS Classes, http://www.wimaxforum.org/technology/downloads/Mobile_WiMAX_Part1_Overview_and_Performance.pdf
- 5.Esmailpour, A., Nasser, N.: Packet Scheduling Scheme with Quality of Service Support for Mobile WiMAX Networks. In: The 9th IEEE International Workshop on Wireless Local Networks (WLN 2009), Zürich, Switzerland, October 20-23 (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Tran, M., Zaggoulos, G., Nix, A., Doufexi, A.: Mobile wimax: Performance Analysis and Comparision with Experimental Results. IEEE, Los Alamitos (2008)Google Scholar