UI Generation for Data Visualisation in Heterogenous Environment
The process of data visualisation can be very complex and an urgent need for interactive control of this process is imminent. Solution to this problem is in the field of user interfaces by means of which the user can efficiently control all aspects of the visualisation. One of the fields where a lot of challenges for development of new user interfaces exist is data visualisation in heterogeneous environment. In such case data are visualised on various devices that have different capabilities. This fact influences not only the results of the visualisation process but also design and implementation of user interface for each particular device. In situation when an application is capable to run on various devices it is rather problematic to manually create individual user interfaces, one for each device. In this paper a concept and results of automatic generation of user interfaces in a heterogeneous environment is described.
KeywordsUser Interface User Model Ubiquitous Computing Data Visualisation Device Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.LogicJunction: Logicjunction wayfinder (2011), www.medcitynews.com/2011/04/logicjunction-aims-to-make-hospital-navigation-easy/ (accessed, 2011-05-11)
- 2.Goguen, J., Burstall, R.: Institutions: Abstract model theory for specification and programming. Journal of the ACM (JACM), 95–146 (1992)Google Scholar
- 6.Macik, M.: User Interface Generator. Disertation thesis proposal, Czech Technical University in Prague (2011), http://dcgi.felk.cvut.cz/en/members/macikmir/main
- 7.Bardram, J., Friday, A.: Ubiquitous computing systems. In: Ubiquitous Computing Fundamentals, pp. 37–94. CRC Press, Boca Raton (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Slovacek, V.: Methods for efficient development of task-based applications. In: Human-Centred Software Engineering, pp. 206–213 (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.Slovacek, V., Macik, M., Klima, M.: Development framework for pervasive computing applications. In: ACM SIGACCESS Accessibility and Computing, pp. 17–29 (2009)Google Scholar
- 10.Krasner, G., Pope, S.: A description of the model-view-controller user interface paradigm in the smalltalk-80 system. Journal of Object Oriented Programming 1, 26–49 (1988)Google Scholar