Proposal of Representing BPMN Diagrams with XTT2-Based Business Rules
Business Processes describe operations of an organization.However, they do not take into account such aspects as detailed logic specification or process implementation. Business Rules are generally better suited for these purposes. Although there is ongoing research on integration of Business Processes with Business Rules, there is no standardized methodology for this integration.We propose a new method of providing visual rule modeling for specification of Business Process logic. In the paper, an outline of the integration of BPMN Business Processes with XTT2 Business Rules is sketched. The method allows for translating selected BPMN models to the XTT2 Business Rules, and executing them using the HeaRT rule engine.
KeywordsBusiness Process Business Process Model Business Rule Business Process Execution Language Rule Engine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Maślanka, T., Ligęza, A., Kluza, K., Nalepa, G.J.: BPMN to XTT2 translation proposal. Tech. Rep. CSLTR 1/2011, AGH University of Science and Technology (to be published, 2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Nalepa, G.J., Bobek, S., Ligęza, A., Kaczor, K.: HalVA – rule analysis framework for XTT2 rules. In: Bassiliades, N., Governatori, G., Pasckhe, A. (eds.) RuleML2011 - International Symposium on Rules. LNCS, Springer, Heidelberg (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Nalepa, G.J., Kluza, K., Ernst, S.: Modeling and analysis of business processes with business rules. In: Beckmann, J. (ed.) Business Process Modeling: Software Engineering, Analysis and Applications, Business Issues, Competition and Entrepreneurship. Nova Science Publishers (to be published, 2011)Google Scholar
- 7.OMG: Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN): Ftf beta 1 for version 2.0 specification. Tech. Rep. dtc/2009-08-14, Object Management Group (2009)Google Scholar
- 8.Ouyang, C., Wil, M.P., van der Aalst, M.D., ter Hofstede, A.H.: Translating BPMN to BPEL. Tech. rep., Faculty of Information Technology, Queensland University of Technology (2006)Google Scholar