Exploration Examples for Lithostratigraphic Petroleum Reservoir
In the 21st century, PetroChina has advanced the geological theory behind the lithostratigraphic petroleum reservoir and has improved exploration technology, which motivated exploration practice for lithostratigraphic petroleum reservoirs in China with positive results (Jia, 2003; Jia et al., 2005). Recently, a series of important exploration breakthroughs have been achieved in the Erlian basin, Songliao basin, Eerduosi basin, Bohai bay, Zhungeer basin and Tarim basin. Many large size lithostratigraphic petroleum reservoirs with a hundred million tons of reserves and several medium size lithostratigraphic petroleum reservoirs with 5,000×104 t of reserves were discovered in successive order. In the following we will discuss four exploration examples.
KeywordsSource Rock Sand Body Songliao Basin Highstand System Tract Hydrocarbon Source Rock
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Dai, J.X., et al., 1992. The characteristic of natural gas belt in large and medium size gas field. In: The Study of Natural Gas Geology. Petroleum Industry Press, Beijing, pp. 1–7.Google Scholar
- Dai, J.X., Wang, T.B., Song, Y., et al., 1997. The Preconditions and Distribution of Large-Medium Size Gas Field in China. The Geological Publishing House, Beijing, pp. 184–237.Google Scholar
- Gao, R.Q., Zhao, Z.Z. (Eds.), 2001. The Frontier Petroleum Exploration in China. Petroleum Industry Press, Beijing.Google Scholar
- Jia, C.Z., et al., 2000. Petroleum Expiration in Foreland Thrust Belts. Petroleum Industry Press, Beijing.Google Scholar
- Jia, C.Z., 2003. New achievements and new frontier in Chinese petroleum exploration. World Petroleum Industry, 10(3):20–25.Google Scholar
- Jia, C.Z., Zhao, Z.Z., Zhao, W.Z., et al., 2005. The petroleum reserves and exploration potential in major onshore petroleum basin. Acta Petrolei Sinica, 26(B03):1–6.Google Scholar
- Jia, C.Z., et al., 2008. Geologic Theory and Exploration Technique of Lithostratigraphic Reservoir. Petroleum Industry Press, Beijing.Google Scholar
- Li, P.L., Jin, Z.J., Zhang, S.W., et al., 2003. The current research status and progress of petroleum exploration in the Jiyang Depression. Petroleum Exploration & Development, 30(3):1–4.Google Scholar
- Wang, Y.C., 2001. The Creation and Distribution of Lithologic Reservoir in the Southern Songliao Basin. Petroleum Industry Press, Beijing.Google Scholar
- Zhou, C.N., Tao, S.Z., Xue, S.H., 2005. Implication of “Facies Control Theory” and its significance for petroleum exploration. Petroleum Exploration & Development, 32(6):7–12.Google Scholar