Primary Types of Lithostratigraphic Reservoir (Accumulation Region) and Their Characteristics
The development of a petroleum accumulative zone required the collaboration of a series of geological conditions, which included the source of the oil and gas, the migrating passage, conditions of the trap, conditions of the reservoir and conditions of the cap rock. According to the relationship between a lithostratigraphic petroleum system, geo-zone and traps, this chapter proposes a geo-zone concept of the structure sequences of the petroleum play and the principles of classification. The development of a lithostratigraphic reservoir was controlled by the following four factors that were the type of basin, growth structure, sequence and facies, and source rock and injection mechanism.
KeywordsSongliao Basin Highstand System Tract Transgressive System Tract Hydrocarbon Source Rock Lowstand System Tract
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Cai, X.Y., Li, S.T., et al., 2003. High Resolution Sequence Stratigraphy of Continental Basins: Basic Ideas, Method and Practice for Exploring Subtle Oil Pools. The Geological Publishing House, Beijing.Google Scholar
- Dai, J.X., 1983. Oil and gas reservoirs in synclines. Acta Petrolei Sinica, 4(4):27–30.Google Scholar
- Dai, J.X., et al., 1992. The Characteristic of a Natural Gas Belt in a Large and Medium Size Gas Field, in the Study of Natural Gas Geology. Petroleum Industry Press, Beijing.Google Scholar
- Gao, R.Q., Cai, X.Y., 1997. Preconditions and Distribution of Oil and Gas Fields in the Songliao Basin. Petroleum Industry Press, Beijing.Google Scholar
- Gao, R.Q., Zhao, Z.Z. (Eds.), 2001. Oil and Gas Exploration of Concealed Reservoir in the Bohai bay Basin, in the Frontier Ppetroleum Eexploration in China (vol. 3). Petroleum Industry Press, Beijing.Google Scholar
- Hu, J.Y., Xu, S.B., Tong, X.G., 1986. The development and distribution of composite oil and gas reservoirs in the Bohai bay basin. Petroleum Exploration & Development, 13(1):1–8.Google Scholar
- Jia, C.Z., et al., 2000. Petroleum Exploiration in Foreland Thrust Belts. Petroleum Industry Press, Beijing.Google Scholar
- Qiao, H.S., 1986. Petroleum Exploration on Steep Slope of a Depression in the Bohai bay Basin. Petroleum Exploration & Development (vol. 01).Google Scholar
- Wang, Y.C., 2001. The Creation and Distribution of Lithologic Reservoir in the Southern Songliao Basin. Petroleum Industry Press, Beijing.Google Scholar
- Xiao, D.M., Chi, Y.L., Meng, Q.A., et al., 2005. The Understanding of Lithologic Reservoir and Related Exploration Practice in Synclinal Region, Northern Songliao Basin. Petroleum Industry Press, Beijing.Google Scholar
- Zhang, W.Z., 1997. The western slope zone in the Liaohe depression — An oil and gas accumulation area in a slope zone. In: Major Non-marine Oilfields of China. Petroleum Industry Press, Beijing.Google Scholar