A Consideration of an Area Classification Method for ICT Service Diffusion
In order to evolve high info-communication society quickly and economically, it is an important problem which areas are target for new ICT service diffusion. It deeply depends on potential demands in a target area. There are several to ten thousand areas corresponding to municipality or smaller administration area unit in nationwide so that we spend much time to take a reference area to forecast potential demand for a target area.
This paper proposes an efficient area classifying method based on commuting inflow and outflow among areas considering spatial characteristics of ICT service diffusion. The method is expected to be able to determine areas adequately with high potential demands for new ICT services.
KeywordsGeographic Information System Target Area Early Adopter Broadband Access Potential Demand
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Shimogawa, S., Shinno, M.: Mechanism of diffusion of fixed-line broadband access services in Japan and its application to long-term growth prediction. In: The 37th Research Conference on Communication, Information, and Internet Policy, Arlington VA (2007), http://web.si.umich.edu/tprc/papers/2007/755/Shinsuke-shimogawa.pdf
- 2.The Ministry of Information and Communications: 2009 White Paper Information and Communications in Japan (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Yoneta, K.: Fact of area marketing. Nikkeibunko (2008) (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 4.Murayama, Y., Shibazaki, R.: GIS theory. Asakura shoten (2008) (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 5.Sakai, T., Goto, S., Kawaguchi, T., Horiguchi, Y., Iijima, K., Arai, K.: Use of Web-GIS for area marketing and its application to the local region. Bulletin of Global Environment Research, Rissho Univ. 6, 125–130 (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Rogers, E.: Diffusion of Innovation, 5th edn. Free Press (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Article in Nikkei Electronics 2010.9.15 (2010), http://techon.nikkeibp.co.jp/article/NEWS/20100915/185680/?ST=campus
- 8.Field survey of the use of internet video, open inquiry data by macromill 2007.6.20 (2007), http://monitor.macromill.com/researchdata/20070701movie/index.html
- 9.Hotlink press release 2009.9.18 (2009), http://www.hotlink.co.jp/entry345.html
- 10.The Institute for Information and Communications Policy: Research Study of Determinative Factors for Internet Usage and Reality of Use. Report by The Institute for Information and Communications Policy (2009)Google Scholar
- 11.Harte, L.: Introduction to 802.16 WiMAX. NTT Publishing (2007)Google Scholar
- 12.Inoue, Y. (ed.): Next Generation Network Textbook. Impress R&D (2008)Google Scholar