In this chapter we review some situations considered or mentioned in literature that may have relation to occurrence of uniformly hyperbolic attractors in dynamical systems represented by maps or differential equations. To date, the approaches under discussion are developed to different extents. Only few of them are elaborated up to such degree that may allow illustrating on a level of numerical computations. Nevertheless, the collected material is of undoubted significance for prospects of search for real-world systems with uniformly hyperbolic attractors or design of physical and technical devices operating due to the presence of such attractors.
KeywordsLyapunov Exponent Lorenz Attractor Weierstrass Function Lorenz Model Hyperbolic Attractor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Abramowitz, M., Slegun, I.A. (eds.): Handbook of Mathematical Functions With Formulas, Graphs, and Mathematical Tables. National Bureau of Standards USA (1972).Google Scholar
- Aidarova, Yu.S., Kuznetsov, S.P.: Chaotic dynamics of the Hunt model, an artificially constructed flow system with a hyperbolic attractor. Preprint. arXiv: 0901.2727 (2009).Google Scholar
- Akhiezer. N.I.: Elements of the Theory of Elliptic Functions. American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI (1990).Google Scholar
- Gavrilov, N.K., Shilnikov, A.L.: An example of blue sky catastrophe. In: Methods of qualitative-theory of differential equations and related topics. Amer. Math. Soc. Transl., II Ser. 200, pp. 165–188. AMS, Providence, RI (1999).Google Scholar
- Halbert, J.T., Yorke, J.A.: Modeling a chaotic machine’s dynamics as a linear map on a “square sphere”, http://www.math.umd.edu/~halbert/taffy-paper-1.pdf (2003).
- Hunt, T.J.: Low Dimensional Dynamics: Bifurcations of Cantori and Realisations of Uniform Hyperbolicity. PhD Thesis. Univercity of Cambridge (2000).Google Scholar
- Ilyashenko, Y.S.: Attractors and their fractal dimension. MCCMF, Moscow (2005).Google Scholar
- Lopez, A.O.: An Example of Polynomial Interpolation of an Hyperbolic Attractor. In: Lecture Notes in Mathematics 1007, pp. 498–511. Springer-Verlag, Berlin (1983).Google Scholar
- MacKay, R.S.: Chaos in three physical systems. In: Dumorlier, P., Broer, H., Mawhin, J., Vanderbauvohede. A., Verduyn Lunel S. (eds) Equadiff 2003. pp. 59–72, World Science Press, Singapore (2005).Google Scholar