Nonlinear Equations of the First Order
The basic patterns of nonlinear fields and waves of the hydrodynamic type already can be discerned by the behavior of solutions to the simplest nonlinear partial differential equations of the first order. This chapter discusses solutions of such equations. Those wishing to study the theory of the first-order nonlinear equations more fully are advised to turn to the following literature: [1-4].
KeywordsNonlinear Equation Directivity Pattern Optic Wave Hydrodynamic Type Riemann Solution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V.I. Arnold, Ordinary differential equations (MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass, 1978)Google Scholar
- 4.Y.B. Zeldovich, Elements of Mathematical Physics (Nauka, Moscow, 1973). In RussianGoogle Scholar
- 5.V.I. Karpman, Non-linear Waves in Dispersive Media (Pergamon Press, Oxford, 1974)Google Scholar
- 7.S.A. Lapinova, A.I. Saichev, V.A. Filimonov, Generalized Functions and Asymptotic Methods (Nizliny Novgorod University Press, 2006). In RussianGoogle Scholar
- 9.A.L. Barabási, H.E. Stanley, Fractal Concepts in Surface Growth (Cambridge University Press, 1995)Google Scholar
- 12.W.A. Woyczynski, Burgers-KPZ Turbulence. Gottingen Lectures (Springer, Berlin, 1998)Google Scholar