Efficient Filter Algorithms for Reverse k-Nearest Neighbor Query
Reverse k-Nearest Neighbor (RkNN) Queries have got considerable attentions over the recent years. Most state of the art methods use the two-step (filter-refinement) RkNN processing. However, for a large k, the amount of calculation becomes very heavy, especially in the filter step. This is not acceptable for most mobile devices. A new filter strategy called BRC is proposed to deal with the filter step for RkNN queries. There are two pruning heuristics in BRC. The experiments show that the processing time of BRC is still acceptable for most mobile devices when k is large. And we extend the BRC to the continuous RkNN queries.
KeywordsReverse k-Nearest Neighbor Continuous Reverse k-Nearest Neighbor Spatial Database
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Korn, F., Muthukrishnan, S.: Influence sets based on reverse nearest neighbor queries. In: ACM SIGMOD International Conference on Management of Data, pp. 201–212 (2000)Google Scholar
- 4.Yang, C., Lin, K.-I.: An index structure for efficient reverse nearest neighbor queries. In: ICDE, pp. 485–492 (2001)Google Scholar
- 5.Maheshwari, A., et al.: On reverse nearest neighbor queries. In: CCCG, pp. 128–132 (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Stanoi, I., Divyakant, A., et al.: Reverse nearest neighbor queries for dynamic databases. In: ACM SIGMOD Workshop on Research Issues in Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery, pp. 744–755 (2000)Google Scholar
- 7.Singh, A., Ferhatosmanoglu, H., Tosun, A.S.: High dimensional reverse nearest neighbor queries. In: The 20th International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management, pp. 91–98 (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Wu, W., Yang, F., et al.: Finch: Evaluating reverse k-nearest-neighbor queries on location data. The International Journal on Very Large Data Bases 1(1), 1056–1067 (2008)Google Scholar
- 9.Cheema, M.A., Lin, X., et al.: Lazy Updates: An Efficient Technique to Continuously Monitoring Reverse kNN*. The International Journal on Very Large Data Bases 2(1), 1138–1149 (2009)Google Scholar
- 10.Xia, T., Zhang, D.-h.: Continuous Reverse Nearest Neighbor Monitoring. In: Proceedings of the 22th International Conference on Data Engineering, pp. 77–86 (2006)Google Scholar