Game-Based Mobile Learning System for Campus on Android Platform
- 5.4k Downloads
This paper proposes a game-based mobile learning system for both indoor and outdoor learning in campus which could enhance the self-directed learning for students. In this paper, we propose the system design and the learning activity that will be incorporated into the two and half dimentional campus environment. The navigation features of our system are useful for situation learning in a natural environment. By using game-based learning method, we hope that students will learn more in depth information and get more knowledge by their own interests.
KeywordsMobile & Ubiquitous learning self-directed learning android platform
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Churchill, D.: Learning objects for educational applications via PDA technology. Journal of Interactive Learning Research 19(1), 5–20 (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.Savill-Smith, C., Kent, P.: The Use of Palmtop Computers for Learning, A Review of the Literature. LSDA, London (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Cogoi, C., Sangiorgi, D., Shahin, K.: mGBL-mobile game-based learning: perspectives and usage in learning and career guidance topics. eLearning Papers 1(1), 1–6 (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Mitchell, A., Inchingolo, P., Vatta, F., Gricar, J., Cisic, D., Petrovic, O., Kittl, C., Peyha, H. J.: Mobile Game-Based Learning to promote decision-making skills – a pan-European project. mGOV (2006)Google Scholar
- 7.Mitchell, A., Inchingolo, P., Vatta, F., Gricar, J., Cisic, D., Petrovic, O., Kittl, C., Peyha, H. J.: Designing mobile games to promote decision-making skills – a pan-european project. MIPRO (2006)Google Scholar
- 8.Mitchell, A., Cisic, D.: Using mobile game-based technologies to engage young adults in lifelong learning. MIPRO (2006)Google Scholar
- 9.Fabricatore, C.: Learning and Videogames: an unexploited synergy. AECT (2000)Google Scholar