Visualization of the Technological Evolution of the DVD Business Ecosystem
Business ecosystem presents a new perspective for repositioning the research and development portfolio with external linkage. The rapid evolution of technology has changed the ways of our resources allocation and investment. Technological evolution provides forecasting capability for the potential dominant paradigm. However the analysis of the technological evolution often has to rely on a lot of manpower. This paper would like to provide a rapid visualization of the fierce R&D competition. Previous studies have focused on patent indicators and classification systems, ignoring the diversification and path in the technology development. Therefore, this study proposes a process to illustrate the visualization of optical storage. Finally, this study provides the visualization of technological convergence and diversification.
KeywordsPatent Data Patent Analysis Technological Convergence Business Ecosystem Technological Diversification
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Chesbrough, H., Schwartz, K.: Innovating business models with co-development partnerships. Research Technology Management 50(1), 55–59 (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Iansiti, M., Levien, R.: Strategy as ecology. Harvard Business Review 82(9), 69–78 (2004)Google Scholar
- 11.Moore, J.F.: Predators and prey:a new ecology of competition. Harvard Business Review 71(3), 75–86 (1993)Google Scholar
- 12.Moore, J.F.: The death of competition: Leadership & strategy in the age of business ecosystems. Harper Business, New York (1996)Google Scholar
- 13.Moore, J.F.: Business ecosystems and the view from the firm. The Antitrust Bulletin 51(1), 31–75 (2006)Google Scholar