Specific Measurements of Tilt with MEMS Accelerometers
The paper describes a specific kind of tilt measurements, where pitch of an axis is determined. The measurements are realized by means of MEMS accelerometers. Various mathematical formulas for computing the tilt are presented and results of their application, as well as the relevant requirements, are discussed. Experimental verification of the theoretical considerations is also presented, including values of an evaluated accuracy of the measurements performed by means of a tilt sensor built of two commercial MEMS accelerometers.
KeywordsTilt Angle Gravitational Acceleration Mathematical Formula Drilling Machine Component Acceleration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Wilson, J.: Sensor Technology Handbook. Newnes (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Qian, J., Fang, B., Yang, W., Luan, X., Nan, H.: Accurate Tilt Sensing with Linear Model. IEEE Sensors J. (to be printed)Google Scholar
- 5.Grepl, R.: Eng. Mech. 16(2), 141 (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Łuczak, S., Oleksiuk, W.: Eng. Mech. 14(3), 143 (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Łuczak, S.: Dual-Axis Test Station for MEMS Tilt Sensors. Metrology and Measurement Systems (to be printed)Google Scholar
- 8.Low Cost ±2g Dual Axis Accelerometer with Duty Cycle Output, ADXL 202E, Analog Devices Inc., Norwood (2000) Google Scholar
- 9.Tilt Sensing with Kionix MEMS Accelerometers, Kionix, Ithaca (2005) Google Scholar
- 10.Łuczak, S.: Recent Advances in Mechatronics, p. 511. Springer, Heidelberg (2007)Google Scholar