Apparatus System for Detection of Cardiac Insufficiency
Measurement and medical signal analysis is still a big challenge for engineers. Despite the technological development and increase in processing speed, we still have problems with designing the appropriate measurement devices and proceeding with patients’ examination. It is very important to ensure the patient’s safety and to observe the regulations specifying the use of medical devices. Heart auscultation is conducted during almost each appointment with the doctor. On its basis it is possible to diagnose many cardiological diseases, including cardiac muscle insufficiency. This article discusses problems, which arise while preparing measuring track for simultaneous measurement and acquisition of the digital acoustic data, vibrations of heart registered on the patient’s skin surface and ECG signals. We present system solutions applied during constructing measurement station, as well as author’s computer software – interface allowing easy and effective service of all the constituent devices. We attach particular importance to the issue of simultaneous registration of sampling signals in the case of devices with different clockwork generators. The aim of the following study is a description of the station which can be used for the data acquisition. After further processing, the data will be used for automatic support of the cardiac muscle insufficiency diagnosis and also for enabling early detection of this disease. This problem, which seems simple to solve in case of detecting severe abnormalities, becomes complicated when we speak of patients with slight disorders.
KeywordsCardiac Insufficiency Apparatus System Data Acquisition Card Slot Line Time Signal Reception
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Colucci, W., Brunwald, E.: Atlas of cardiac insufficiency (2005)Google Scholar
- 2.Leyko, T., Ranachowski, Z.: Analysis of cardiac acustic emission –Implementation in cardiology – General Practice Nr 1/2007Google Scholar
- 3.Gracia, T.B., Holtz Neil, E.: EKG: Art of interpretation (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Jamroży, M., Leyko, T., Lewenstein, K.: Early detection of the cardiac insufficiency. In: Recent Advences In Mechatronics 2008-2009, pp. 407–413. Springer, Heidelberg (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Zieliński, T.: Digital Signal processing – From theory to applications (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Manual - Farum E600GC Google Scholar
- 7.Datasheet of microphone Bruel&Kjaer typu 4144 Google Scholar
- 8.Datasheet of accelerometer Bruel&Kjaer typu 4507B Google Scholar
- 9.Datasheet of headphones Sennheiser HD280Pro Google Scholar
- 10.Datasheet of data acquisition card NI 6008USBGoogle Scholar