Experimental and Simulation Tests of Dynamic Properties of Stepping Motors
There are two kinds of frequency characteristics of stepping motors: pull-in and pull-out, both realized according to two different methods. In presented test stand torque determination of characteristics torque metering can be taken directly from motor shaft with use of an rotary torque meters or it can be processed also as a stator reaction force measurement made with use of dynamometric torque meter equipped with piezoelectric force transducer. Experiments results, despite its utilitarian use, have taken advantage in comparing of different methods of characteristics determining. Computer simulation methods give approximate numerical solution of the set of differential equations that are the mathematical model of the drive with stepping motor or model of the measuring station. Problems of obtaining the high dynamic properties of stepper motors in extremely conditions are complicated because of a character of operation of these micro-machines that introduces pulsating input functions into an flexible electromechanical structure.
KeywordsStep Motor Test Stand Load Torque Electromagnetic Torque Motor Shaft
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Accarnley, P.P.: Stepping Motors: a Guide to Modern Theory and Practice. IEE and Peter Peregrinus Ltd., London (1982)Google Scholar
- 2.Bodnicki, M.: Engineering Mechanics 8(6), 373–386 (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Bodnicki, M.: Journal of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics 38(3) (2000)Google Scholar
- 4.Jaszczuk, W., et al.: Mikrosilniki elektryczne. Wyznaczanie właściwości statycznych i dynamicznych (English title: Electrical Micromotors. Determination of Static and Dynamic Properties). PWN, War-szawa, PWN (1991)Google Scholar
- 5.Kenyo, T., Sugawara, A.: Stepping Motors and their Microprocessor Control. Clarendon Press, Oxford (1994)Google Scholar
- 6.Pochanke, A., Bodnicki, M.: Electromotion 9(4), 210–216 (2002)Google Scholar
- 7.Pochanke, A.: Indirectly coupled circuit-field models of brushless motors with the conditioning of feeding. In: OWPW, Warszawa (1999) (in Polish)Google Scholar
- 8.Pochanke, A.: Przegląd Elektrotechniczny (9), 42–45 (2005)Google Scholar
- 9.Bodnicki, M., Pochanke, A.: Proceedings of the 4th Polish-German Mechatronic Workshop 2003, Suhl (Germany), pp. 123–128 (2003)Google Scholar