Data Fusion from Avionic Sensors Employing CANaerospace
The paper describes findings and results of the defence research project “Innovation of the modern aircraft sensors data processing technology and the fusion of the data in the NEC environment”, whose main objective and result was an implementation of up-to-date Aircraft Electronic System (AES). The system is based on communication network CAN with CANaerospace protocol. Every module represents a compact instrument, which process a data from selected avionic sensors. Twenty individual modules were designed and implemented during the project. Ten of them fully communicate on CAN with CANaerospace in time-triggered mode.
KeywordsData Fusion Time Division Multiple Access Controller Area Network Elementary Cycle Avionic System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.NEC outline concept, Part 1 – Background and programme of work, May 2, vol. (2.0), Dstl/IMD/SOS/500/2 (2003)Google Scholar
- 2.Stock, M.: CAN aerospace - Interface specification for airborne CAN applications, Germany, vol. 1.7, p. 58 (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.ISO 11898-4:2004 (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Bajer, J., Janu, P., Jalovecky, R.: Controller Area Network based On-board Data Acquisition System on Military Aircraft. In: Concepts and Implementation for Innovative Military Communications and Information Technologies, Military University of Technology, Warsaw, Poland, pp. 589–598 (2010), ISBN 978-83-61486-70-1Google Scholar
- 5.Janu, P., Bajer, J.: Dynamic Time-slot Assignment method applied on CAN with CAN aerospace protocol during the aircraft phase of flight transitions. In: Jalovecky, R., Stefek, A. (eds.) Proceedings of the International Conference on Military Technologies, ICMT 2011, University of Defence, Brno, pp. 619–625 (2011), ISBN 978-80-7231-787-5Google Scholar