Problems of the Influence of the Quality and Integrity of Input Data on the Reliability of Leak Detection Systems
The authors describe the problems they have met during implementation of leak detection and localization systems for liquid and gas pipelines. The main problems are discontinuities of the data acquired from telemetry systems, damaged or bad calibrated measuring transmitters, drift of measuring instruments, bad balance between fluid entering and leaving the system and problems of the correct installation of temperature transmitters. The proposals how to overcome these problems have been presented.
KeywordsComputational Fluid Dynamics Pipeline System Leak Detection Telemetry System Leak Localization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Turkowski, M., Bratek, A., Słowikowski, M.: Methods and Systems for leakage detection in long range pipelines. Journal of Automation. Mobile Robotics and Intelligent Systems 3(07), 39–46 (2007)Google Scholar
- 2.Turkowski, M., Bratek, A., Słowikowski, M.: The improvement of pipeline mathematical model for the purposes of leak detection. Recent Advances in Mechatronics. In: 7th International Conference Mechatronics, Warszawa, pp. 573–577 (2007)Google Scholar
- 3.Sobczak, R., Turkowski, M., Bratek, A., Słowikowski, M.: Mathematical modeling of liquid flow dynamics in long range transfer pipelines. Part 1. Problemy eksploatacji, ITE, Radom (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Kościelny, J.M., Syfert, M., Tabor, Ł.: Sequential Residual Design Method for Linear Systems. In: Conference on Control and Fault-Tolerant Systems SysTol 2010, Nice (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Bogucki, A., Turkowski, M.: The influence of the measuring instruments accuracy on the reliability of the leak detection and localization systems. In: Academic Network Event at EGATEC 2011, The European Gas Research Group, Copenhagen, Denmark, May 12-13 (2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Beuhausen, R., et al.: Transient leak detection in crude oil pipelines. In: Proceedings of International Pipeline Conference, October 4-8, Calgary, Alberta, Canada (2004)Google Scholar