Using Computer Graphics, Vision and Gesture Recognition Tools for Building Interactive Systems Supporting Therapy of Children
The paper presents a prototype of a system which can be used as a therapeutic and educational tool for children with developmental problems. Natural body movements and gestures are used in the system to interact with virtual objects displayed on the screen. Nowadays such systems can be built with the use of widely available free software tools for both graphical and vision applications. Such tools are also shortly presented in the paper.
KeywordsAutism Spectrum Disorder Gesture Recognition Virtual Character Graphic Object Graphic Scene
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Bobick and Davis 2001]
- [Bradski and Kaehler 2008]Bradski, G., Kaehler, A.: Learning OpenCV: computer vision with the OpenCV library. O’Reilly Media, Inc., Sebastopol (2008)Google Scholar
- [Gonçalves et al. 2008]Gonçalves, D., Jesus, R., Grangeiro, F., et al.: Tag around: a 3D gesture game for image annotation. In: Proc In ACE 2008, Yokohama, Japan, pp. 259–262 (2008)Google Scholar
- [Herbelin et al. 2008]Herbelin, B., Ciger, J., Brooks, A.L.: Customization of gaming technology and prototyping of rehabilitation applications. In: Proc. 7th ICDVRAT with Art Abilitation, Maia, Portugal, pp. 211–218 (2008)Google Scholar
- [Kapuscinski and Wysocki 2005]Kapuscinski, T., Wysocki, M.: Automatic recognition of signed polish expressions. Archives of Control Sciences 15(3), 251–259 (2005)Google Scholar
- [Kapuscinski 2010]Kapuscinski, T.: Using hierarchical temporal memory for vision-based hand shape recognition under large variations of hand’s rotation. In: Rutkowski, L., Scherer, R., Tadeusiewicz, R., Zadeh, L.A., Zurada, J.M. (eds.) ICAISC 2010. LNCS, vol. 6113, pp. 272–279. Springer, Heidelberg (2010)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- [Krais 2006]
- [Marnik 2009]
- [WWW-1 2010]SilverFit System, http://silverfit.nl/en/index.htm (accessed November 29, 2010)
- [WWW-2 2010]The AuRoRa Project, http://www.aurora-project.com/ (accessed November 29, 2010)