Agricultural Products’ Storage Control System
The paper discusses the idea and the design of a remote control system for storage management of agricultural products which temperature may rise as the result of biological processes during the storage. An actual potatoes storehouse is discussed as an application for the proposed automation system. Because of existing buildings and infrastructure at the farm, wireless data transfer system has been proposed for communication between sensors, data acquisition module (Storehouse Local Controller) and human-machine interface (HMI) module. Special rod-like temperature and humidity sensors have been designed and built to measure the temperature and humidity inside the potatoes stack at the storehouse. A complete system allows to monitor the storage process and control it on the run maintaining the desired temperature of the stored products. The study is an elaboration of previously proposed control system, including ventilation system working algorithm, further analysis of working range of the wireless data transfer modules and agricultural products temperature changes characteristics.
KeywordsReceive Signal Strength Indicator Communication Module Humidity Sensor Directional Antenna Brick Wall
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Bohl et al. 2002]Bohl, W.H., Oberg, N., Kleinkopf, G.: Variable frequency drive fan control for potato storage, The Spudvine, pp. 1–2 (November 2002)Google Scholar
- [Czerko 2003]Czerko, Z.: Potatoes – new challenges. Instytut Hodowli i Aklimatyzacji Roślin, Radzików (2003) (in Polish)Google Scholar
- [Czerko 2007]Czerko, Z.: Space adaptation for potatoes storage. Wiadomości Rolnicze 12(40), 6–7 (2007) (in Polish)Google Scholar
- [Czerko 2008]Czerko, Z., Zgórska, K.: Storage technology of potatoes designated for processing. Zeszyty problemowe postępów nauk rolniczych 530, 69–79 (2008) (in Polish) Google Scholar
- [Schippers 1977]
- [Tanenbaum 2004]Tanenbaum, A.S.: Computer networks. Prentice Hall PTR, New Jersey (2004)Google Scholar
- [Wachowicz 1998]Wachowicz, E.: Modeling of the selected processes in potatoes storehouses. In: Inżynieria Rolnicza, Rozprawy habilitacyjne nr 2 series 4(5) (1998) (in Polish); ISSN 1429-7264 Google Scholar
- [WWW-1 2010]DS18B20 datasheet, http://datasheets.maxim-ic.com/en/ds/DS18B20.pdf (accessed March 2, 2010)
- [WWW-2 2010]SHT11 datasheet, http://www.sensirion.com/images/getFile?id=25 (accessed March 2, 2010)
- [WWW-3 2010]CC1000 datasheet, http://focus.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/cc1000.pdf (accessed March 2, 2010)